First Look: Maris College Belgisch Park Technasium
Maris College is the only Technasium on our list. It's also the only Technasium program in the Hague. Coming from a Science & Tech program in high school, it was interesting to me to find out more.
The school is in an impressive Art Nouveau style building and has been recently renovated. The toilets feel very new and somewhat out of sync with the school style being closer to Ikea than jugendstil but as a font geek, I loved the typographic in the lettering around the school. Seemed fresh. I took too many photos of the building here than on previous visits. The entry into the building with burning fire pots and lighted windows gave a spooky cool Halloween vibe.
Mama:
Didn't seem to have a lot of activities around Theater, Arts, Music. The Music room was nice with the technical equipment but seemed to have less guitars and keyboards than we saw at other schools. It did have a nice drumset which led to an impromptu jam session.
I would love to go to school here but would miss the activities. The crowd seemed more like the kind of people I would end up working with. Nerds like me but taller. The auditorium seemed a bit small. The building architecture was amazing. The neighborhood was old and grand; some really amazing architecture and large houses, both modern and old. Would like to come back and take more photos. Not sure if it's the right place for my kid though.
Papa:
I parked the car behind the building but had to walk all the way around. Need to figure out how to go out the back of the school. I had to pay for parking in the evening. Can you stop taking so many photos?
The Kid:
I liked the activities. Seemed nice inside and seemed really big but when I went into the classrooms but didn't seem homey. I don't know. Maybe because we went there at night?
Kid Sister:
We got broodje worst. Too much walking. I'm tired. Can we go now?






Comments